Error 127 when copying a compressed MyISAM table??
Posted by: Eric George
Date: December 21, 2007 01:18PM

Hi Folks,
I'm attempting to copy a table from one server to another . This is a compressed MyISAM table, about 56M records. The table structure is just ints, doubles, and enum and some fixed length strings.

The server I'm moving the table FROM is MySQL 4.1.20 on RHEL 4
The server I'm moving the table TO is MySQL 4.1.7 on RHEL 4

So I copy the frm, MYI and MYD files to the new server - I move several other large tables at the same time - but none of the others are this large, or compressed.

All the other tables work fine - but the large compressed table gives me an error 127 for whatever I try to do with it:

mysql> DESCRIBE tle_archive;
ERROR 1016 (HY000): Can't open file: 'tle_archive.MYI' (errno: 127)
mysql> SELECT count(*) FROM tle_archive;
ERROR 1016 (HY000): Can't open file: 'tle_archive.MYI' (errno: 127)
mysql> CHECK TABLE tle_archive;
+----------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+----------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
| tle_data.tle_archive | check | error | Can't open file: 'tle_archive.MYI' (errno: 127) |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> REPAIR TABLE tle_archive;
+----------------------+--------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+----------------------+--------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
| tle_data.tle_archive | repair | error | Can't open file: 'tle_archive.MYI' (errno: 127) |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

So I shut down the database and go have a look at the files. The permissions and ownerships all appear to be set identically to the files on the working database. So I try a myisamchk:

[root@cfe1 tle_data]# myisamchk tle_archive.MYI
myisamchk: error: 127 when opening MyISAM-table 'tle_archive.MYI'

Attempting to stat or cat the file seems fine, so I'm not suspecting filesystem corruption.

Did my copy drop a bit somewhere? I ran an md5sum on the working server and compared to the files on the new server - they appear to be identical.

I'm at a loss here ... any ideas? What does "error 127" mean? I've seen alot of discussions on it when searching - but nothing definitive - and it seems to be attributed to different types of errors. Is it a catch-all error?

Thanks
Eric

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error 127 when copying a compressed MyISAM table??
December 21, 2007 01:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.