Grant Privileges on selected columns
Posted by: Sylvain Le Mat
Date: July 05, 2014 04:07AM

Hi everybody,

I have tried to search on the web to get answers, but haven't found anything to solve my issue.

I'm trying to give a user some privileges on selected columns of a table. But when I'm starting a SELECT command, I've got a denied access message.

The user, let's say 'testuser' has been created with no right at the beginning.
I've got a table named 'orderlines' with 42 columns, and I want this testuser to be able to view only a few of them, and update only one.

Here my GRANTs input:
>GRANT SELECT (oli_id,ohd_id,art_id,oli_quantity,oli_status),UPDATE (oli_status) ON TABLE cvbms.orderlines TO 'testuser'@'%';

Result is:
>SHOW GRANTS FOR 'testuser'@'%';
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'testuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*89F1BC03BC6692B6E08D4BDE239DA642CDD794D6'
GRANT SELECT (oli_quantity, art_id, oli_status, ohd_id, oli_id), UPDATE (oli_status) ON `cvbms`.`orderlines` TO 'testuser'@'%'

When I check the privileges in the schema_information, the privileges are correctly defined.
>SELECT * FROM mysql.columns_priv;
% cvbms testuser orderlines oli_status 0000-00-00 00:00:00 Select,Update
% cvbms testuser orderlines oli_id 0000-00-00 00:00:00 Select
% cvbms testuser orderlines oli_quantity 0000-00-00 00:00:00 Select
% cvbms testuser orderlines ohd_id 0000-00-00 00:00:00 Select
% cvbms testuser orderlines art_id 0000-00-00 00:00:00 Select

But when I connect (on the MySQL Workbench) under this account, I've got a denied access on a SELECT command. Actually, the Workbench shows me the message "Fetching..." and then "Error Code: 1142 SELECT command denied to user 'testuser'@'localhost' for table 'orderlines'"
>SELECT oli_id,ohd_id,art_id,oli_quantity,oli_status FROM orderlines LIMIT 10;
SELECT oli_id,ohd_id,art_id,oli_quantity,oli_status FROM orderlines LIMIT 10 Fetching... 0.000 sec / ?
SELECT oli_id,ohd_id,art_id,oli_quantity,oli_status FROM orderlines LIMIT 10 Error Code: 1142 SELECT command denied to user 'testuser'@'localhost' for table 'orderlines'

Here, I don't know what to do! I may miss something, but what?

I tried to GRANT SELECT on the table (without columns specification), and it worked. But only with columns specifications, I've got an access denial.

A help will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you very much, also on all the answers I found preivously on other topics.
Sylvain

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Grant Privileges on selected columns
July 05, 2014 04:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.