Re: Communications link failure due to underlying exception...various network exceptions
Posted by: Igor Rud
Date: May 16, 2007 11:46PM

I have exactly the same problem. My application works without any problem for one or two days, and after that one request to MySQL results in "Communication link failure" with "Last packet sent to the server was N ms ago" message, where N usually is 0 ms, 1 ms etc. After this, almost all subsequent calls to MySQL fail with the above error.

Environment: jdk1.5.0_06, mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.jar, MySQL 5.0.37, Tomcat 5.0.24, Red Hat Linux, connection properties contain "connectTimeout=300000&socketTimeout=300000"

I have several hypothesis about the reason of this behaviour:

1. It might come from bug in jdk: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6457066. The description of the bug ("Timing out early") sounds like this problem.

Does anybody happen to know the details of this bug and whether it can be the reason of the problem?

2. It might be, that Java application is unable to open socket for certain reasons. But I hardly can imagine this situation

Has anybody managed to solve this problem?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Communications link failure due to underlying exception...various network exceptions
May 16, 2007 11:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.