MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\practice\testsql.php on line 17
Posted by: François Richard
Date: January 17, 2007 10:44PM

Well, I spent most of my night trying to get PHP and MySQL to work on my Win32/Apache server. I was having the same Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() that everyone is getting.

Looking at my Apache logs, I also found the following error:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Development\\PHP\\ext\\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

I wasted a lot of time making sure that my path were set right, that I had the right .dlls and that my extensions were in the right folder. Every file was where it was supposed to be, but still nothing worked.

Then I got a hint from someone: what php install package are you using?

Well, it turned out that the .msi installer has some kind of flaw. I uninstalled PHP and then re-installed from the zip file.

Now everything works. I hope I can spare someone the pain I went through!! :D

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\practice\testsql.php on line 17
January 17, 2007 10:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.