MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Jobs

Need help setting up MySQL on Win2k Terminal Server
Posted by: Rand Miller
Date: December 28, 2005 11:03PM

I need [remote help] setting up a MySQL on a Win2k terminal server, to replace my old database.

What interface should I use that would allow the users to access the MySQL database? Currently there are about 5-10 remote staff that login with a VPN and a remote desktop client.

Would they all log into the server through the VPN with their Remote desktop client then access the MySQL through a IE browser with PHP?

Or is there another tool out there that I can easily set up for them to access and modify the MySQL data? Would the tool SQLManager.net work?

I'm new to MySQL as you can tell.

If you're interested in helping me set this up [remotely], email me your hourly rate and experience.

Location Long Island NY, Thanks. randm@thevine.net

------------Extra Details-------------
A few things that I was hoping to accomplish with MySQL is the following,

I want my remote staff [5-10 people] to do the following [concurrently]:
Add, delete, edit records
- Sort and search through the database
- Print reports to html, PDF
- Merge data to MS Word and MS Excel then print as PDF's
- Email with merged data from MySQL, and with attached items
- Fax with merged data from MySQL, and with attached items

I would like the MySQL database to do the following:
- Receive CGI emails from my webforms merged into the MySQL database, [eventually -- I would like my web forms to be in an online MySQL that syncs with my server MySQL.
- I would like the database to be able to calculate simple arithmetic and mortgage payments.
- I will need to be able to add several tables to the database that will be relational tables.

The MySQL will contain our client and prospect list and our programs list
I was thinking about having a PHP website that my staff can access, but they have to assemble tiff, PDF, word, excel items on the server, and then email, print or fax them from the server. I don't think PHP can do that. That's why I thought I should stay with the terminal server and have them continue to access it from VPN with their remote desktop client.

I like the idea of the vTiger CRM, but I don't know if that will work with the above requirements.

What do you think??

Email me your hourly rate and experience if your interested in helping [onsite or remote]

Location Long Island NY, Thanks. randm@thevine.net

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Need help setting up MySQL on Win2k Terminal Server
December 28, 2005 11:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.