MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

iFrames give me an Access Denied message
Posted by: Steven Weintraut
Date: August 22, 2004 03:58PM

This really surprised me. I setup an iFrame in my document to display data from another table. For me, this was a way to be able to update that data without having to reload the whole page. Also, the iFrame gives me the ablity to have a scrolling table of results that doesn't fill up the whole screen when a lot of data is present.

when I read in the main page, the src of the iframe is set to a URL like http://www.myserver.com/myiframe.php (the same server that the parent page is on)

in that source file is a call to my mysql server to retrieve the data

But I keep getting an "access denied" error message

If I put the code in the main page, it works fine, but if I try to load it into an iFrame I get the access denied message from mysql.

I understand that security has been tightned on iFrames, but being that this is on the same server as the parent page, I can't see why this is happening, or how to work arouund it.

Is there something else I can use besides an iFrame to reload only a portion of a page, and also have that portion in a fixed size view that will enable scroll bars if the content is larger than the desired size?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
iFrames give me an Access Denied message
August 22, 2004 03:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.