MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Zero Before Decimal
Posted by: Jerry Osborne
Date: April 09, 2009 07:19PM

I am working with a table that has a milliseconds field that is intended to CONCAT with a time field. The intention is to work around the limitation of the Time type so that I can store milliseconds, concat them and the work with them in this format hh:mm:ss.mmmm. I am loading data from a file but the Msec field is adding a 0 before the value being inserted so I end up with 0.xxxx instead of .xxxx.

As you can imagine, the CONCAT is just wrong as it is sticking the unnecessary zero in there.

In loading the file, I have tried to enclose the value in 'value' but it still behaves the same way.

So, my question is what can be done? Is there a way to force the field to maintain the original format? Is there something I can do with the upload (.csv) file? Is there a way to remove the zero format he field once the data is in the table?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Zero Before Decimal
April 09, 2009 07:19PM
April 10, 2009 03:44PM
April 10, 2009 03:56PM
April 10, 2009 04:12PM
April 10, 2009 05:51PM
April 11, 2009 08:41PM
April 11, 2009 10:23PM
April 12, 2009 10:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.