MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Are 2 MySQL56 services in Notifier normal?
Posted by: Sergej Goriatchev
Date: February 18, 2014 04:11PM

Hello, everyone

This will probably be a stupid question, but I am a newbie, so bear with me.

I used to have MySQL installed on my Win7 64 bit machine but I deleted it some time ago. I deleted everything on the hard-drive, there was no folder named MySQL anywhere.

Now I installed MySQL again and I saw in the Notifier that I had MySQL56 and MySQL56_1 services. The MySQL56_1 service was the name suggested when I installed the service right now.

When I tried to start the MySQL56 service, which must have been a setting left over from the previous installation of MySQL, it crashed. I went to Regedit and deleted MySQL56 from SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/MySQL folder. I left the MySQL_1 folder there, though.

After restart of the PC I see in the Notifier that I have 2 MySQL56_1 services running (and 0 instances). One of the services in the Notifier also has "Configure Instance..." and "SQL Editor..." clickable selections underneath, the other has nothing.

Is this how it should be or I should somehow delete one of the MySQL56_1 services?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Are 2 MySQL56 services in Notifier normal?
February 18, 2014 04:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.