MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Wordpress Database Problem
Posted by: White Brandon
Date: October 19, 2015 12:15PM

Hello,

MYSQL is the database of my blog. Every time I download a full backup, I always check the DB file to see if everything is ok. In this DB, the most important tables are wp_postmeta and wp_posts (under these two segments):

-- Dumping data for table `wp_postmeta`
-- Dumping data for table `wp_posts`

I always check these two segments in DB. The posts on my blog are stored by timeline in DB. Literally, the newest post I made on my blog will be added to the end of these two tables. So, it's easy for me to see everything is fine.

But after Oct 10th, things changed. The postmeta of new posts I created after Oct 10th were still added to the end of the table "wp_postmeta". But the content of new posts I created after Oct 10th were not added to the end of the table "wp_posts". They are still in "wp_posts" table, but somewhere close to the end of table. It looks like they are inserted to the table randomly.

Since I have over 2000 posts on my blog, I am worried that new post random being inserted to the wp_posts table will affect the performance of surfing my site. I make new posts on a daily basis. All the new posts made after Oct 10th will be stored in a random sequence in wp_posts. That's not good although the access to all my posts still looks ok.

I tried optimize and repair function in phpmyadim. I optimized all tables and tried repair on wp_posts. The execution is ok and no errors. But nothing changed. The posts after Oct 10th are still not stored by the timeline in wp_posts table.

Things I've done right before Oct 10th:
1) I deleted revisions by SQL:
DELETE FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type='revision';
I've done this a few times before, without any problem.

2) I added a feature of "Add Open Graph meta data" in Yoast SEO plugins.

I don't know if they are the reasons for this DB issue. Please help and tell me how to make posts stored by timeline in wp_posts.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Wordpress Database Problem
October 19, 2015 12:15PM
October 30, 2015 05:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.