MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

ODBC connection problems
Posted by: Russell Fleming
Date: September 02, 2004 12:44PM

Does anyone have any experience connecting another DBMS to a MySQL server via ODBC?

Near as I can tell in the Windows environment, Microsoft's ODBC manager directs connection requests to MyODDC drivers if the DSN specified is a MySQL DSN. I noticed that MSODBC was not able to read a MyODBC DSN unless I explicity said "driver=MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver;DSN=MySQL" in my connection string. Unless I did this it would return "DSN not found."

Now connections return the error "server not found on localhost". Yes, the server is not on localhost, it is on another host which is specified in the MyODBC parameters. The "Test Connection" button on the admistrator says connection sucessful but this would obviously know how to read all the required parameters. How can you specify these parameters explicitly? I'm hoping since MSODBC drivers do not have a "Host/Server Name(or IP)" parameter , that when MSODBC manager encounters a MySQL ODBC DSN it does not know what to do.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ODBC connection problems
September 02, 2004 12:44PM
September 02, 2004 01:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.