MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySQL Workbench not working
Posted by: Umair Syed Muhammad
Date: December 08, 2022 04:11AM

Hi all,

completely new to MySQL, have no idea, just trying to learn, so any help would be deeply appreciated.

I installed the ubuntu version of MySQL Workbench although I have Linux Mint. Had to do this since there is no mint version. And besides most ubuntu apps work on mint.

But this may be causing the problems I am facing.

Even though I managed to install it on my mint box, when I started it for the first time I got a warning that it is unsupported or something and hence this can cause problems. I proceeded anyway.

Before going any further, I should point out that MySQL is working in a docker container. did not want to use docker this early, but its in the tutorial, so yeah.

I have made 2 connections but none of them work.

Here are the details on both these connections as they appear in 'Manage Server Connections'.

Connection Name: Connection1
Connection Method: Standard (TCP/IP)
Hostname: 127.0.0.1
Port: 3306
Username: v.je

Connection Name: Connection2
Connection Method: Standard (TCP/IP)
Hostname: 192.168.10.10
Port: 3306
Username: v.je

When I click on Connection1 under 'MySQL Connections' on the 'Welcome to MySQL Workbench' window, the SQL editor opens.

However, there is no 'SCHEMAS' category on the left-side pane. There are Management, Instance and Performance categories but no schemas. Because of this I cant proceed further on the tutorial I am using.

and on the top tab its written "Connection1- Warning - not supported".

WHy is this happening and what is the solution?

Connection2 simply does not work. When I click on it, an error message pops up saying "Your connection attempt failed for user v.je to the MySQL server at 192.168.10.10:330: Unable to connect to localhost"

Any help to get it going would be appreciated, thanks a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench not working
December 08, 2022 04:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.