MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

How to make connection with MySQL and Visual Basic ?
Posted by: Debanjan Banerjee
Date: March 03, 2005 09:22PM

Dear members,

I am a new user of MySQL. I am going to make a project which will have Visual Basic 6 as front end and MySQL as back end. But the database of MySQL is to be situated in a server so that clients can access it worldwide. So I made an account in www.ocean9.com and they allowed me to make a database with tables there. They also provided me the login name, user name ,password,database name and also host name(localhost) for using MySQL there.

But my problem is that how I will now make connection with my VB6 Application running in my PC with the MySQL Database situated in www.ocean9.com in my account ? I have MySQL 3.23.51 and MyODBC 2.50.39 installed in my PC. I am using ADODC in the forms of my VB6 application. My OS is Windows 98 SE.
Please help me. Waiting for your reply.

I am online honey. Wherever you go , whatever you do , I will be right here waiting for you. Whatever it takes , Or how my heart breaks , I will be right here waiting for you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to make connection with MySQL and Visual Basic ?
March 03, 2005 09:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.