MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: checking item availability by date
Posted by: civciv03
Date: September 13, 2004 01:20PM

thanks Puiu for your efford to solve the problem.

the reasons my code/and your code won't work is that I have a ITEM table keeps the details of all item. HIRE_ITEM table only keeps the item_no, hire_no, start_date, end_date of the items that have been previously hired out.

When I search only in HIRE_ITEM table, I receive the search results either satisfies the first condition or the second. If a item not hired out previously, that means not taking part in HIRE_ITEM table, and therefore won't be part of the result. I use this result to display the available items. This is first problem.

The second problem: If same item is appeares in HIRE_OUT table more than once, and say item_first doesn't pass the query, meaning it is hired out, if item_second (remember same item) passes the query becouse it is hired out in the past or will be hired in future, item number will appear in our result despite the fact that the item is not available.

i think this is a bigger issue to tackle with.

Any ideas,

much appreciated
Di.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
September 12, 2004 11:46AM
Re: checking item availability by date
September 13, 2004 01:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.