Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: can not create windows service for MySQL Error:0
Posted by: Julian Keith Bowler
Date: May 12, 2005 03:21PM

hi
thanks lots for responding to my message Cheers
When you say
1. Stop the mysql service through control panel
I think that probably my sql service is not actually running at the moment so I guess I do not need to do this? Also how please would i stop the mysql service from running using the control panel please?
When you say load a command window I guess you mean
Start button
All Programs
Accessories
Command prompt --yes
So do I have to be in D:\program files\myaql\mysql server 4.1\bin to run the command
sc --delete MySQL ?? or will it work from any where in the directory structure?? I am using windows xp home version and i did try to install mysql version 4.0.21 first in
D:\Program files and latter in D:\program files\mysql , before finally installing what i have now, which is mysql 4.1.11 which i installed in D:\Program files\mysql\mysql server4.1
!!

Presumably if I wanted to uninstall a copy of the mysql software I should have used the add/remove icon in control panel and found the mysql server 4.0.21 and chosen remove???

How ever what I did was to just delete all the associated directories, perhaps this is not the way to uninstall a piece of software!??

Have tried within the command prompt window moving to D:\Program files\mysql\mysql server 4.1\bin and then issuing the command you suggested::
I gotback unrecognised command
SC is a command line program used for communicating with the NT Service controller and services.

USAGE
sc <server> [command] [service name] <option1> <option 2>... folowed by a list of commands that can be used!

So i wonder what to do next, is there away of knowing if there are any lines in any configuration files that are still there that are from the old installation I had of MySQL 4.0.21 and if so wher wiuld they be????
Is there perhaps a simpler way of solving why I get the error i originall mentioned in the first part of this e mail...
V many thanks please answer with any information or further help you have
Ta lots Julian

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.