MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Installed on Mac OS 10.4.1
Posted by: W. Kirk Lutz
Date: June 24, 2005 09:16AM

I took a class in Dreamweaver and databases. Learned a lot about how to build a page through databases and mySQL. But we only glanced briefly at how to actually construct a database and connect to one on a web server.

I am working on a Mac G5 Dual 2Ghz with 2GB RAM running OS 10.4.1

I installed mySQL(latest version) on my local desktop machine(one that sits at my desk with me). I also installed the mySQLStartupItem and went into the Terminal window and started the StartupItem

mySQL and phpMyAdmin are installed on our remote web server(where our website is housed).

So I have several questions:

1) Will the Startup item automatically startup mySQL from now on? On restart?

2) I have mySQL installed on my local desktop and on our remote web server where I post websites(I know that is working because I used phpMyAdmin to create a database and table). But there is another link in my web chain. We have a local in-house file server where all of our documents are stored. Does this server need to have mySQL installed on it? Should I be saving database sites on my local desktop?

3) Anybody with any experience connecting Dreamweaver to databases on web servers? Dreamweaver asks me to fill in a lot of blanks that I don't know the answers to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kirk

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Installed on Mac OS 10.4.1
June 24, 2005 09:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.