MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Max questions reached
Posted by: crackhead millionaire
Date: August 05, 2005 07:38AM

Hello friends.

We've had a mysql database running for a few weeks now supporting a simple application. This morning, for the first time ever, I came in and found that the application was erroring out due to max questions reached error. [the value was set to (I think) the default value of 50K].

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a little guidance on what, excactly, constitutes a 'question' in this case.

Is each 'question' a dedicated log in attempt to the database, successful or failed? Or does it represent more of a database ping ala tnsping ? The description reads 'Number of queries sent to the server', but I'm guessing that this does not represent actual select statements, there looks to be another place dedicated to tracking selects and it contains far fewer values than the Questions value.

Also confusing me is that we shut down the server and stopped all applications that were touching it. None the less, after resurrection, if I log into MySqlAdministrator, the number of queries kicks up at approximately 3 / second. The only connection I show to the database is my Administrator session, but the number of queries just keeps rolling.

Is it possible someone else on my network has started toggling the database? If so, will changing the password alleviate this problem?

Thanks so much for any advice or guidance.

- cm

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Max questions reached
August 05, 2005 07:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.