MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Both master and slave stop accepting connections
Posted by: admin www.mercuriusgids.nl
Date: October 05, 2011 09:35AM

Are the clients connecting as user "root"? Don't do that. Give them their own login(s). And don't provide "SUPER" privilege to that login(s).

>> we need the super privilege in order to use init_connect ( which executes some default statements upon start of a connection )

That way, you can connect when there is a hang and do the following:

>> there are only 13 connection visible in mysql administrator. Mysql administrator maintains an open connection all time. When i look at the graphs, they all hang and have stopped.
>> tcpview also shows 14 connections ( probably one extra for the slave )
>> handles are 258k

>> testing maximum limit for handles during hang of mysql

C:\temp>testlimit -h

Testlimit v5.04 - test Windows limits
By Mark Russinovich - www.sysinternals.com

Creating handles...
Created 16744424 handles. Lasterror: 1450
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
^C

>> peak working set 843000k, working set 791052 available memory 16GB

SHOW PROCESSLIST; -- to see what is going on.

>> cannot do that, even when i keep a session mysql.exe open with all timeouts, like interactive_timeout to say 38400. The connection really hangs when performing a statement and doesnt timeout.

KILL ... -- to kill individual threads
>> cannot kill

SHOW GLOBAL STATUS LIKE 'Max_used_connections'; (after it happens, but before it is restarted!) I suspect it will say 41.

SHOW GLOBAL STATUS LIKE '%timeout%';

Are the clients disconnecting when they are finished?

>> ofcourse :)

Are the clients coming from Apache or some other web server? In Apache, what is your setting for MaxClients? (I'll bet it is higher than max_connections.)

>> clients are indeed apache php clients. average request completes within 0.08 seconds. Its very fast software.

>> Maybe something to do with limits for windows? We process 16-40 million queries before it happens.

>> It seems like a mutex/semaphore problem. I will dump a stackdump of each thread running/locking up.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.