MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Transfering tables from one database to another.
Posted by: Nicolas Martin
Date: August 07, 2004 04:48PM

This is kind of a toughy I think, at least to me.

I have two databases on my web server. Each one has two different user accounts, and I can't seem to be able to have one user account have access to both databases (the HELM control panel my web host uses doesn't let me).

My problem is that I have several tables on one database that I would like to have moved to the other database, keeping all the data in-tact.

I use phpmyadmin to manage the databases. I need to know what SQL I can use to accomplish this task please. I assumed some type of "CREATE TABLE blah SELECT * FROM otherdatabase.blah" statement would work but since the account don't have access to the other database this won't work. I know that with Oracle I can specify the username and password to the select statement of another database and that would work, but I haven't found any similar command for mySQL.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Transfering tables from one database to another.
August 07, 2004 04:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.