MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Moved datadir and now get: ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file
Posted by: Roman Shuvalov
Date: March 16, 2012 10:07AM

Hi, Rick

thanks a lot for you attention to my question!

The permissions on the folder /data/mysql are identical to those of /var/lib/mysql, so should not be them... In addition, like I mentioned in another post, the wierd thing is that MySQL does *NOT* start and gives error if i try to start it by command:

#> service mysql start

BUT (!), it starts successfully if I start it with the command:

#> /usr/share/mysql/mysql.server start

Funny though, that the script in the former command (/etc/init.d/mysql) is EXACTLY the script in the latter one (/usr/share/mysql/mysql.server) !

/data is automount successfully at boot time, no probs here...

And because "service mysql start" does not start the server, I do not have it automatically running after boot.

However, what I noticed is that if I disable SELinux (in /etc/selinux/config) and reboot - everything gets just fine !!! MySQL starts at boot and "service mysql start" works just fine !

I am not (yet?) an expert in SELinux, but seems to keep it disabled is not a good idea, so I need to check out how to config it so it enables the script from /etc/init.d/ catalogue manage files in /data/mysql

See if that gives any clues to you?

Thank you,
roman.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Moved datadir and now get: ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file
March 16, 2012 10:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.