MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Timestamp fields
Posted by: Sebastian Jurk
Date: October 20, 2012 12:34PM

Are you sure you wanted to answer my question? Because i dont know what you are speaking about. I wanted to have 3 timestampfields. The first i set manually with queries because the time doesnt match the creation of the recordset, the second should tell me when the recordset was created and the third should tell me when the recordset was changed the last time. Which means when he was created too at the same time.

Anyway... i found a workaraound some hours ago.

I created a field timestamp that i set manually with queries because it resembles the time of a trade happening. It doesnt matter what standard or on update clause this has.
Then i created the fields rs_create and rs_update. Both are timestamp too and have the standardvalue zero.
Then i create 2 triggers:

CREATE TRIGGER `market_trades_rs_create` BEFORE INSERT ON `market_trades`
FOR EACH ROW set NEW.rs_create = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, NEW.rs_update = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;

CREATE TRIGGER `market_trades_rs_update` BEFORE UPDATE ON `market_trades`
FOR EACH ROW set NEW.rs_update = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;

This way i can insert a new recordset into that table and set the field timestamp manually. The 2 other fields are automatically updated and show the last time of change. That is the creationtime of the recordset in rs_create and the creationtime of the recordset or the last update of the recordset in rs_update.

Hope that helps some others that struggle with (keywords:) Timestamp, datetime, on update current timestamp, current timestamp, #1293 - Incorrect table definition; there can be only one timestamp column with current_timestamp in DEFAULT or ON UPDATE clause.

Greetings!
Sebastan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
October 18, 2012 12:58PM
October 20, 2012 10:18AM
Re: Timestamp fields
October 20, 2012 12:34PM
October 22, 2012 09:46AM
October 20, 2012 09:42PM
October 21, 2012 06:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.