MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: How to create a function to evaluate numeric expression
Posted by: Fabien COULLOMB
Date: December 18, 2014 10:18AM

Thanks for you answer.

In fact I need this function, to take in consideration packaging and units of products in my application.

I have in entering parameters some brut quantity, and i need to convert this quantity in net quantity. For example, in brut I have 8.23 and in net I need 12. In fact (for this example that's mean I want a multiple of 6). But according the product corresponding the packaging could be different, and I have a lot of products, the packaging formula is like !((ZQTE/6)+.49)/100;.2!*600 ( the !! delimit the expression, the right part after the ; is the ruond to apply, and this formula is directly made by an application user when a product is created.And the formula could be very different.

I have began to try to create a function by parsing my string, but currently It's running only with '*' and '+', and not yet with the accolades. That's will be very hard, exactly like you say (as teaching a dog...)
THX
Fabien

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: How to create a function to evaluate numeric expression
December 18, 2014 10:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.