MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

What is best way to learn MySQL from the bottom up?
Posted by: Roger Romero
Date: June 16, 2016 02:11AM

Hello,
I've looked at some tutorials and some books, but lots of stuff seems very outdated. I would like to learn to use MySQL to create and maintain several databases for some websites and other projects I am working on, but it seems like either the tutorials are not relevant to the version I have (the latest community) or they start at a point that is already beyond my skill/knowledge base. Looking for recommendations for the best books to buy or online tutorials to watch that are for total beginners. I'm fairly tech savvy, but this seems like another level, and I want to learn from the ground up so I can avoid any mistakes that might plague me later if I dont build the DBs correctly. I have some experience with database pro, but only on the front end. Just want something where I can build a test database and work on some examples before I try to create the stuff I need for my projects. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Roger

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.