MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Suggestions for employee front end
Posted by: Matthew Bennett
Date: December 09, 2018 11:39AM

Hello all! I've been trying to find a solution for the past week to this issue, but every phrase I search for online always points me to some unrelated solution so I thought I'd ask here and get your opinions.

I have a MySQL database with a couple of tables in it tracking sales. The table is automatically updated in the background.

I'm looking for a front end I can give my employees to be able to do the following:

1) Create a bi-directional link between the table and the front end. Edits made in one need to automatically show up in the other and rows added in MySQL need to automatically be displayed in the front end.

2) Updates need to happen automatically without disrupting work flow (i.e. executing an update in the background shouldn't kick an employee to the first record again)

3) Column need to be sortable (i.e. A-Z)

4) Columns need to be filtered based on the contents of the column (i.e. I have a column called model and want to display an option to select only certain models and hide the rest)

I've tried a lot of different solutions and have gotten close but never hit each point. Excel is great for sorting and filtering imported data, but doesn't allow me to write information back. MySQL for Excel add-in creates a bi-direcitonal connection, but clearly doesn't intend you to be in edit mode for any long term amount of time. Access has come the closest for me, but can't update new rows without resetting back to the first record.

Getting it done in PHP, Java, C/C++, Ajax, python whatever I'm fairly flexible on working out the code but can't find the right phrase to google to get the results I need, lol.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Suggestions for employee front end
December 09, 2018 11:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.