MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Porting local MySQL-DB to Hosted Solution
Posted by: Markus Polzer
Date: July 31, 2020 01:54PM

Hello, i did my first steps with the mysql-DB and made a local database which is filled from a python program - managed is the DB with the MySQL Workbench (Server Status show me version 8.0.20)

Now i am thinking about porting the whole thing to a central hosted solution (so also other people can use my program and can access to the the db - of course only reading without writing permissions).

So i am currently trying out iPage - created there a new database an now tried to export from the local database and import to the hosted solution on iPage. On iPage it shows me the verion 5.632

Nevertheless i tried an export from MySQL-Workench v8.020 (with Dump Structure and Data) - export worked and i get one sql-file. Then i tried to import this file in my hosted solution with v 5.632 - but when i tried it i get this error:

Fehler
SQL-Befehl:

CREATE TABLE `address` (
`address_id` smallint unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`address` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
`address2` varchar(50) DEFAULT NULL,
`district` varchar(20) NOT NULL,
`city_id` smallint unsigned NOT NULL,
`postal_code` varchar(10) DEFAULT NULL,
`phone` varchar(20) NOT NULL,
`location` geometry NOT NULL,
`last_update` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (`address_id`),
KEY `idx_fk_city_id` (`city_id`),
SPATIAL KEY `idx_location` (`location`),
CONSTRAINT `fk_address_city` FOREIGN KEY (`city_id`) REFERENCES `city` (`city_id`) ON DELETE RESTRICT ON UPDATE CASCADE
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=606 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
MySQL meldet: Dokumentation

#1464 - The used table type doesn't support SPATIAL indexes

Is it generlly possible to import / export from v8 to v5?
Which other solutons do i have (downgrading my existing local database to v5.x?
Or is there at all a better solution to bring my local database to the hosted database i have currently overseen?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Porting local MySQL-DB to Hosted Solution
July 31, 2020 01:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.