MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Easy Database | Undoable for a Newbie
Posted by: Hans-Jürgen Strecker
Date: December 02, 2021 05:27AM

dear Peter,

thank you once more for the information you provided. I think I made some steps forward! may I ask you about your opinion regarding this design?

I made 3 tables,

health_insurances
>health_insurances_id
>health_insurences_abbreviation
>health_insurances_full_name
>health_insurances_Verrechnungskreis

examinations
>examinations_id
>examinations_abbreviation
>examinations_full_name
>examinations_health_insurance_specific_cod
>health_insurance_id

prices_per_examination
>prices_per_examination_id
>examinations_Id
>prices_per_examination_price_in_EUR
>prices_per_examination_valid_from
>prices_per_examination_valid_to

The first column IDs are always an Auto Increment PK.

In the table examinations the health_insurances_ID is a Foreign Key, so that it is clear that the unique examinations_id has the information about the health insurance.

I therefore have to enter an e.g. ECG 7 times, as I am having 7 health insurances. ID, abbreviation and full name would be the same, but health_insurance_specific_code and health_insurances_id would be different and make the row unique (although the specific code is the same for 4 HIs and two are different) but the Id of the HI makes it unique.

The table prices_per_examination_id has the Foreign Key of the examinations_id, making each examination unique altought there are 7 ECGs, they are all unique because of their examinations_id and different in at least the health_insurances_id

I then added a date range of prices to reflect the different time brackets of the different prices. so I will have to enter each examination ID as often as I have time brackets (in my case 6 times as I have 6 different time brackets for each health insurance).

to be honest that now does not sound very good after summing it up...

at the beginning of this post I wanted to ask one more important question - how and where to enter the data, because this I am missing complete in my brain...

but now I might rethink the design.

would it make sense to make a table with the time brackets?

time brackets
>health_insurances_id
>bracket_1_from
>bracket_1_to
>bracket_2_from
>bracket_2_to
>.
>.
>.

or should I go the way back and make a separate table for each examination in each health insurance AND at each bracket...

hmmmm...

thank you for any help/views/opinions

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Easy Database | Undoable for a Newbie
December 02, 2021 05:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.