MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Locked Out of My Own Database
Posted by: Bram Borger-Johnson
Date: June 13, 2023 10:12AM

I apologize if this is not the right place to put this, but I royally screwed up my database and I don't know how or if I can fix it. I was following instructions here https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_skip_name_resolve to prepare my database from skipping name resolution because I recently had an internal network change which changed the Connection-specific DNS Suffix, causing all sorts of errors.
However, I screwed up because I used a different password than my root's actual password, and the instructions on that page did not specify how or if the newly created users would be given any sort of privileges (spoilers, it did not). So now I'm effectively locked out of my own database unless I can find some way to specify my specific root user. I've also tried enabling skip_name_resolve, but I can't seem to do it without root access (ironic, I know).
I have physical access to the machine as I'm hosting it locally on my own network, if there's any way I can edit a file somewhere or run some sort if debugger application or force workbench to use the correct root (between localhost, 127.0.0.1 and ::1), I would greatly appreciate it because I don't want to have to redo my entire database from scratch.
FYI: I'm running this on a Windows 10 machine

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Locked Out of My Own Database
June 13, 2023 10:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.