MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Tables in a messageboard
Posted by: Michael Freid
Date: August 15, 2004 01:32PM

Ok I was thinking on how to make a messageboard were you can reply to the message. The only way I could think of was to have each thread be a table and inside the table have each row be a post. To do this I would have to make the table have essentially 2 different names. Since you can only have one table with a unique name I want to make it so each table has a unique number but its name is not unique, once I do this which i dont even know is possible what would be the way to retrieve the number in mysql_query. To retrieve the table name when theres only one unique one u just do $row["Tables_in_database"] so how would you do it when having 2 names and what would be the seperate thing to do for each name.. If this whole thing is not possible at all can someone explain to me how u would go about creating a messageboard where you can reply to the posts.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Tables in a messageboard
August 15, 2004 01:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.