Hebrew Charachter
Posted by: alonbm bm
Date: July 17, 2006 10:32PM

Hebrew Character

Dear Friends, (Thanks for your time)

First of all I would like to mentioned that I was reading all the posts about this Hebrew Character problem but still with no luck.
until now I was using MySql 4, after I upgrade to Mysql 5 the problem with the Hebrew Character starts.

I have a program, which work with vb6, and I am using ODBc Driver connector v3.51.12.
The default Character set as shown in mysql admin is utf8.
I can see the Hebrew Character very good in MySql Query Browser, the problem starts when I am making a query in my application
and trying to show it on the gui screen of my application.

at first I thouth that the problem is with the setting of the ODBC driver connector, I tried to write "SET NAMES Hebrew" in the initial statement of the odbc,
but still with no luck.
then I thouth that my connection string was the problem so have I tried to change the default Character to Hebrew and also to utf8, but still with no good result.

Here is my Connection string as I wrote (In case it would help):

DRIVER=MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver;SERVER=tester;DATABASE=BinaW1;USER=root;PASSWORD=1;default-character-set=Hebrew;OPTION=4;

I also would like to mention that I am using "ADODB.Recordset"

Please see If you can help me.
Thanks in advance
Have a nice day

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Hebrew Charachter
July 17, 2006 10:32PM
November 08, 2006 04:29PM
December 01, 2006 05:48AM
May 04, 2007 04:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.