Access to MySQL migration date/time problem (time set to 00:00:00)
Posted by: dimitrisps
Date: May 05, 2005 05:35AM

Hi everybody,

I'm migrating an Access DB to MySQL 5.0 using the MySQL Migration Toolkit and everything works fine apart from Date/Time values, in which case the correct date is inserted, but the time is set to 00:00:00.

I have checked that the column in the target MySQL database is of the correct data type (i.e. DATETIME) and I have selected the option to write the data exportation script in a .sql file and I can see that the time is 00:00:00 in the INSERT statements in the .sql file (so before it is inserted to the target DB).

I tried using other migration tools, such as the SQLyog ODBC Import Wizard, and the date/time is copied over correctly, but the time it takes to do the data migration using these other tools is prohibitive.

I have 2 questions for you. First, is this a know issue, and do you know how I can solve it? Second, why is migrating data (hundreds of thousands of rows) so much faster with the MySQL Migration Toolkit than any other tool in the market (at least the 2-3 I've seen).

Many thanks,

Dimitri

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Access to MySQL migration date/time problem (time set to 00:00:00)
May 05, 2005 05:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.