Can I migrate mysql 4.1 on Windows to mysql 5.1 on Linux with Migration toolkit?
Posted by: Tri Bao Ho
Date: July 11, 2009 11:34AM

I'm going to migrate data in my mysql-4.1 running on Windows to mysql-5.1 running on Linux (Ubuntu). On the new server, I will use the same storage engine (Innodb) as on the old one. I plan to:

- Run the current latest version of the tookit (1.1.17) on Windows
- Use direct migration option

Could anybody advice me if this way works?

I know that jumping directly from v4.1 to v5.1 violates the general rule of migration mentioned in the Reference Manual. However, I still believe it could work with the Migration Toolkits because from what I know, the tool performs data-copy between 2 servers? Could anybody confirm this?

Another question relating to this migration: With the migration toolkit, can I make all the table names uppercase on the target server (5.1 on linux)? The problem is that all table names in Windows are in lowercase (although they are all uppercase in DDL scripts!). All my applications refer to the uppercase table name. Hence, they will not work with the new server!

Thanks for any advice,
Bao.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can I migrate mysql 4.1 on Windows to mysql 5.1 on Linux with Migration toolkit?
July 11, 2009 11:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.