ODBC Error when converting...
Posted by: Dominic Potts
Date: May 29, 2005 07:15AM

Okay, this might seem like a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway.

Do you need Access installed when migrating an Access Database and does it have to be the Access version of the database you're migrating?

This is what's happened.
I created a database using Access 2003 and run the MySQL migration tool to migrate the database on a machine that doesn't have Access 2003 installed. I kept getting the following error;

Initializing JDBC driver ...
Driver class sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
Opening connection ...
Connection jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\AccessFiles\Order;DriverID=22;READONLY=true;UID=;PWD=}
The schema could not be reverse engineered (error: 0).
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file '(unknown)'.
Details:...

Now, if I create a database using Access 97 and migrate it on a machine that has Access 97 installed, the migration appears to work fine.

I asked a colleague to try migrating the exact same Database on his machine that doesn't have any version of Access installed. He received the same error as I did.

So, does this mean that Access has to be installed on the machine performing the migration, or is there a set of ODBC drivers missing?

Thanks in advance...

Dominic

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ODBC Error when converting...
May 29, 2005 07:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.