migration toolkit for linux
Posted by: Ben Engbers
Date: October 07, 2009 04:21AM

On an older laptop (Fedora 7), I once installed the migration toolkit for linux.

Since I never figured out what was the correct syntax for the connect-string to connect to an Oracle database, I finally decided that it was easier to use a Windows-machine and the Windows-version of the migration toolkit to create a create.sql and insert.sql, copy those scripts to the linux-box and then run them from the console. This is a roundabout way but it works.

My first question is if anybody can give me an example on how to build a correct connectstring (I have a TNSNAMES.ora that I can use) so that I can use run_migration on that old laptop.

I installed the latest mysql-gui-tools on my new latop (Fedora 11) but to my surprise the migration-toolkit is no longer supported.

Question 2: What are the plans for migration-toolkit for Linux? Will there be a future release?

In the meantime I have copied the mysql-gui directory to my new laptop.
After adjusting the JRE_LIB_BASE to /usr/java/default/jre/lib/i386/, run_migration started but stopped immediately because libexpat.so.0 was missing. This was solved by creating a symbolic link (ln -s /lib/libexpat.so.1.5.2 /lib/libexpat.so.0) but now run_migration stops with "./grtsh: error while loading shared libraries: libtermcap.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

As far as I know, libtermcap is no longer supported by Fedora.
Question 3: How can I get run_migration running?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
migration toolkit for linux
October 07, 2009 04:21AM
October 07, 2009 01:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.