Migration cannot read tables of MSAccess database
Posted by: Janine Lewis
Date: March 05, 2010 11:30AM

I hope someone can help me tackle an error I get migrating an Access 97 database over to mySQL 5.1

On the Reverse Engineering section of the Migration Toolkit, it shows that it cannot read the table definitions on the Access database. I have done my homework and have unhidden the system objects and have given administrative permission to the system objects and all the tables in the database. I've even set the database to open exclusively. Still the error persists.

Specifically:

Initializing JDBC driver ...
Driver class MS Access
Opening connection ...
Connection jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\OOoH\SampleData.mdb;DriverID=22;READONLY=true;UID=*****;PWD=****}
Driver class MS Access
Opening connection ...
Connection jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\\OOoH\SampleData.mdb;DriverID=22;READONLY=true;UID=*****;PWD=****}
Getting version information ...
Driver class MS Access
Build simple datatypes.
Fetch all tables of the given schemata.
Fetching column information of table Addresses.
Fetching index information of table Addresses.
ERROR: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not read definitions; no read definitions permission for table or query 'Addresses'.
Fetching FK information.
SELECT szRelationship, szColumn, szReferencedObject, szReferencedColumn, grbit FROM MSysRelationships WHERE szObject=? ORDER BY szRelationship, icolumn

etc...

Any help on this would be grately appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migration cannot read tables of MSAccess database
March 05, 2010 11:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.