Error when migrating MySQL to MySQL
Posted by: Mitch Stone
Date: July 27, 2005 11:14AM

I've created a database catalog with several tables, stored procedures, and trigger on a development server, and now need to move that catalog to a production server. The two machines are not connected by LAN so I figured I'd dump to a script.

Since mysqldump does not dump the triggers or stored procedures, I tried the MigrationToolkit. I select MySQL as both the source and destination database type (both connecting to localhost), I select the catalog to export, and the toolkit goes thru and finds no mapping problems. On the "Schema Creation" step, I select "Create script file..." (whether I select or deselect "Create Objects Online" doesn't seem to matter). When I click "Next", the tool gets caught in an infinite loop. There is a command prompt window that comes up with repeating errors:

** (process:4084): CRITICAL **: file .\source\myx_grt_value.c: line 1355: assertion 'dict != NULL' failed

** (process:4084): CRITICAL **: file .\source\myx_grt_value.c: line 3112: assertion 'list != NULL' failed

I am using the no-install version, 1.0.11 (the Windows msi version won't even start up without errors), and I have the latest JRE 5.0 build 4 installed. OS is Windows XP.

Is this a bug, a configuration problem, or user error?

On a related note, how soon will mysqldump be able to dump an entire database (i.e. triggers and stored procedures)?

Thanks!
Mitch

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error when migrating MySQL to MySQL
July 27, 2005 11:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.