Archive and Reduce Database Size to Optimize the site
Posted by: Jithu Madhusoodhanan
Date: March 23, 2012 05:47AM

Hi,

I have a website which is having high traffic and also running for more than 1 year.

Since its database size is more, i would like to reduce and optimize the database so as to make my website faster.

That is to maintain the recent data in the database within the website and maintain older data in a separate Database.

I would need to reduce the database size to 1year at the time, and save the prior years as Archives on a 2nd database which can be accessed when desired..

I will need to have a script done to automate the process. For instance, next year, all I have to do is to run the script which will keep the recent year only on the main database and appends the prior year to the 2nd database. Moving forward, I will only maintain 1yr of data to keep the site optimized as much as possible.

Please help to accomplish this process, your suggestions are more valuable and welcomed.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Archive and Reduce Database Size to Optimize the site
March 23, 2012 05:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.