migration fails when target fields renamed: "Invalid Column Name"
Posted by: Jesse Diller
Date: October 08, 2013 06:14PM

Hi all,

I've been pulling out my hair on this one; it SEEMS like it should work.

I'm migrating data from an old SBS2003 box running SQL Server 2005, to a new Win7 machine running MySQL Community Server (GPL) version: 5.5.24-log - Protocol version: 10.

Original DB has several table, including one named "CD_Music_Library". It included columns called "CD/TRK" and "Track#". Which are not valid column names for MySQL. I used the "Manual Editing" step to edit the "Target Object" in the "All Objects" view. I also edited the "Target Column" in the "Column Mappings" view. In both views, I renamed the target columns "CD_TRK" and "Track_Num".

All goes well, until I get to the "Bulk Data Transfer" step. Then it fails, as below:

Copy data to target RDBMS....
Migrating data...
wbcopytables.exe --odbc-source="DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=corp02\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE={};UID=" --target="root@127.0.0.1:3306" --progress --passwords-from-stdin --log-level=debug3 --thread-count=2 --table-file=c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\tmphuvwga
\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\tmphuvwga

ERROR: `MusicDB`.`CD_Music_Library`:SQLExecDirect(SELECT [ARTIST], [SONG TITLE], [STYLE], [TEMPO], [TIME], [CD_TRK], [Track_Num], [COLOR CODES], [GENDER], [REF], [REG], [AutoNum], [Date] FROM [MusicDB].[dbo].[CD_Music_Library]): 42S22:1207:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'CD_TRK'.
2207:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'Track_Num'.

- `MusicDB`.`CD_Music_Library` has FAILED (0 of 16865 rows copied)

Any Ideas? from reading the logs, it sounds like the actual worker thread doesn't see the mapping. However, I don't know enough about it to know what to do next.
:(

I'm hoping that the geniuses on this board can give me a tip in the right direction!

Seems similar to [url]http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=68146[/url] but I don't have 100+ columns in the tables; only 10-20. There are 9000 rows in the table, but not many columns.

Thanks!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2013 06:20PM by Jesse Diller.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
migration fails when target fields renamed: "Invalid Column Name"
October 08, 2013 06:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.