MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Federated Storage Engine

memory issues with federated
Posted by: MIHAI RADU SANDU
Date: April 13, 2020 11:27AM

Hello,

I have a personal project at work for a monitoring tool using a mysql server with federated engine and multi-master replication. It's really useful and I am a great (and probably) the only supporter of the federated engine in the company. The guys from dba always tell me the engine is not good.
So, basically it works really well, except I have some memory issues. If I'm not careful about how much data I bring trough the federated engine, my server will reach out of memory and the server will be restarted, which also crashes the replication sometimes.
I only have 7.6 gb of ram seen as available in linux, and the innodb buffer pool is set to 4gb.
Do you know how I could monitor how much data from the memory is used for the federated table caching?
Do you know if the federated engine also uses the swap file or is it only confined to actual memory?
Do you have any advice for me about how I could better manage these situations so that the server will not remain without memory?
Is there any other tool that you used,maybe similar functionalities in MariaDB or PostgreSQL, that work better and you would recommend?

Thank you,
Mihai

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
memory issues with federated
April 13, 2020 11:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.