MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Re: Data directory for InnoDB partitions
Posted by: Veny Handoko
Date: July 25, 2007 02:59AM

Hi,

I am new to partitioning. I actually intend to use partitioning on an InnoDB table. Am confused about this. According to the reference manual, (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/partitioning-overview.html) it seems to imply that InnoDB supports partitioning for different physical location.

Referenced from the manual:
"In MySQL, the InnoDB storage engine has long supported the notion of a tablespace, and the MySQL Server, even prior to the introduction of partitioning, could be configured to employ different physical directories for storing different databases (see Section 7.6.1, “Using Symbolic Links”, for an explanation of how this is done)."

Have not tried this out myself, but the partition into different physical location is the feature most important to me. If it cant be done, then partitioning doesnt solve my issue and not worth looking at.

Thanks.

Veny

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
May 28, 2007 01:32PM
Re: Data directory for InnoDB partitions
July 25, 2007 02:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.