MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Error 23, 1016: Partition with MyISAM
Posted by: Rob Redmon
Date: March 31, 2009 09:07PM

I have two partition tables, one with ~430 partitions and one with ~50 partitions. Originally, I was bulk testing (~5 million records) using InnoDB but due to size and timing, I've decided to look into MyISAM. My 5 year intent is to have ~200,000,000 records partitioned by datetime such that no partition has more than a few million records. I've reduced my indexes substantially and still forecast ~250GB needed with InnoDB while ~60GB needed for MyISAM. Upon switching my test to MyISAM (drop table, create table) I'm occasionally getting the following errors:

mysql> EXPLAIN PARTITIONS SELECT * FROM ionofiles WHERE obs_time="2008-02-12 14:00:00";
ERROR 23 (HY000): Out of resources when opening file './midsdevel_db/ionofiles#P#p196801.MYD' (Errcode: 24)
mysql> show errors;
+-------+------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Level | Code | Message |
+-------+------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Error | 23 | Out of resources when opening file './midsdevel_db/ionofiles#P#p196801.MYD' (Errcode: 24) |
| Error | 1016 | Can't open file: './midsdevel_db/ionofiles.frm' (errno: 24) |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Also, I suppose this isn't the place to ask this one, but I'm here, so here goes: does anyone know if I use MyISAM and Ruby ActiveRecord, do I still get transactions via the Ruby ActiveRecord API even though the engine doesn't support such?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 09:10PM by Rob Redmon.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Error 23, 1016: Partition with MyISAM
March 31, 2009 09:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.