MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Restrict users to individual records
Posted by: Michael Burns
Date: November 18, 2010 04:27PM

hi all,

as ever its a new comer asking what to many may be an obvious answer and a very newbie style issue.

I am by no means a dba which will become obvious....

I have an idea for a database, the database would be intended for individuals to create reports for their own clients but all based on static information I have created.

Where I am drawing a blank is this. Is it possible in a single database to restrict users to only see records that they have created? To further this I would like to know if this is possible, can groups be creaetd so members of a group can only see entries created by members of that group?

Or would it be easier and better just to create a dedicated database per client? My fear here is if I want to make an update to the information they use for the reports I would have to replicate in multiple database.

And after all of that, any recommendations for a tool to help someone quickly deploy such a database?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Restrict users to individual records
November 18, 2010 04:27PM
November 20, 2010 02:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.