MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Detecting Stopword Hits
Posted by: Roy Johnson
Date: November 29, 2006 10:55AM

I have a search program and I need to tell the user when words from their query are ommitted due to matching a mysql stopword. I want an elegant solution which as I see now would be a query that could be run directly after a match against query to return stopwords that were identified by mysql. Does such a query exist?

If not that, is there a way to query the current stopwords in use by mysql? I see that the stopwords can be overriden by specifying a text file containing whatever you want... does this mean the default stopwords are also stored in a text file somewhere that I could open and get the list that way? This would work I guess because I could do a show variables like 'ft_stopword_list' to see what the filename is, the trick is knowing where the file for 'built-in' is. I'm guessing built-in means this word list is actually compiled into the myisam engine though =) I realize I could just put the current set of default set of stopwords listed in the manual into a table but the problem there is if they change in a later version of mysql it will be incorrect... very hard to maintain this also on the software side.

Any help or insight would be great... thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Detecting Stopword Hits
November 29, 2006 10:55AM
March 30, 2007 07:56PM
September 18, 2007 06:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.