MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Search is Finding Results when it Shouldnt...
Posted by: Scott Alford
Date: January 19, 2009 05:06PM

Ok this is bugging me. I have a search algorithm that uses fulltext indexes to search a table of news items in binary mode. I use it on multiple site's, each of which are configured with the same database structure. On all but one of the sites the search works great, only displaying matching data, and not returning anything if nothing is found.

One site however is returning data no matter what, they seem to be having a score of -2 for the search.. I have been having trouble finding why a boolean search would return -2?

Query:
SELECT news.id as id, news.content as `synopsis` , MAX(MATCH ( news.title, news.content, news.synopsis, users.first_name, users.last_name ) AGAINST ('adfadfadf' IN BOOLEAN MODE)) as bool_score FROM news LEFT JOIN users ON news.author = users.id WHERE news.disabled=0 AND MATCH (news.title, news.content, news.synopsis, users.first_name, users.last_name) AGAINST ('adgadgdag' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND news.type_id=1 GROUP BY news.id

Scott

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Search is Finding Results when it Shouldnt...
January 19, 2009 05:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.