MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

fulltext searching questions...
Posted by: Alex
Date: May 17, 2005 12:47PM

i have two questions regarding fulltext searching. I'm using it to search through a database of products. Is there a way I can search for a keyword and have it return only products of a certain brand? I tried the following but it didn't work:

SELECT model,img,cat,rating,price
FROM products
WHERE make='Kodak' MATCH (make,model,description) AGAINST('camera')

Second, I want people to be able to sort search results by price, alphabetically, etc. Now if you search for Kodak Camera, it will return every product that has Kodak in the name, and every product that has camera in the name. So you'll get every kodak product (camera or not) and every other brand of camera. Now this is fine if you aren't sorting the results because it will put the most relevant results (kodak cameras) at the top. But if you start sorting the results by price, model #, etc, you'll get poor results (like camera's made by other companies) showing up high in the results. So is there a way to have it return only items that match all keywords, not just any of them?

thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
fulltext searching questions...
May 17, 2005 12:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.