MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Full Text Indexing
Posted by: Sheila Singh
Date: November 04, 2004 11:46AM

I am considering using the full-text indexing feature with my database so that I can make use of the relevance rating provided thru MySql.

I have a database table that will grow with time as users input data.
This table will require a full-text index on each of its ten field. Will this adversely affect the performance of my database?

Also I would like to remove the 50% threshold for natural language searches. I think it may eliminate some query matches which I would want to keep.
I have not been able to find the file which has the parameter that needs to be changed. It is called `myisam/ftdefs.h'. There is no such file on my system at all. I did verify that the 50% threshold is working by querying the db for a keyword which does show up in more than 50% of the rows. Do you know how I can disable this feature? And does disabling this feature somehow impact performance of the queries?

I am running mysql version 4.1.3b-beta.

Thanks,
Sheila

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Full Text Indexing
November 04, 2004 11:46AM
November 05, 2004 03:01AM
November 05, 2004 12:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.