MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

MySQL Query Browser
Posted by: Willie Bodger
Date: June 08, 2005 04:25PM

I have taken over caring for a MySQL database as part of my new job, but have not worked with MySQL before (almost all SQL Server) and am having some problemes getting into the server. I know that it is running on FreeBSD. I can get to the server using PuTTY and I used to be able to use the MySQL Query Browser to get into the db, but my MB died and I have lost the original configuration files for the MySQL Query Browser. And nobody knew the MySQL admin pwd. So, I reset the password (I think, I used: mysqladmin -u root password newpassword) and still can't get in via MySQL Query Browser. When I reset the password, is it the superuser password? What is the login name to use with the newly reset password?

I know, I'm really not giving much info, but it's all I have. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Willie Bodger

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Query Browser
June 08, 2005 04:25PM
June 13, 2005 12:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.