MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: MySQL Command Line Client will not open after new installation
Posted by: ella b
Date: January 08, 2005 11:59AM

hi Stephanie,

ive had the exact same problem,did you get it working yet?

if you start up the command prompt (not the mysql one,just the normal one like dos) and type in " mysql --console " it should give a short error message.
if its the same as mine it will probably say something about the Innodb tables.
If thats the case heres some advice i got from a member of another forum which might help:

"this error usually occurs when someones changed their configuration file to look for InnoDB files, but haven't initialised any.

To fix it you can remove or comment out (put a '#' at the start of the line) lines in your my.cnf (linux / MacOSX / *BSD) or my.ini (Windows) that mention "InnoDB". Also, look inside your mysql/data directory and move out any file ending in .idb (either delete them or store them somewhere if you're not sure).

Restart the server and see what happens. If this doesn't work, look inside you mysql/data directory for a file called <yourcomputername>.err and read that for a detailed report of the problem."

it didnt actually work for me but it might for you:-)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL Command Line Client will not open after new installation
January 08, 2005 11:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.