MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Don't Want 4.0.20 Debug
Posted by: Paul Strauss
Date: September 01, 2004 03:42PM

I have just installed 4.0.20. It is up, but there are some strange things I've noticed. I have installed it on a Windows XP Pro system. A few easy questions, I hope.

1) I downloaded 4.0.20d-win.zip, the version with the installer. I assumed I would be getting version 4.0.20d, but the Version variable says "4.0.20a-debug". I don't mind that it is "a" rather than "d", but I am wondering which is right, or am I misinterpreting something.

2) I installed mysqld-opt.exe. The docs say that it is an optimized binary, but then why am I getting (apparently) a debug version? Is it really a debug version? How would I go about figuring this out on my own? I am concerned because I am having performance problems and running a debug version is only going to make it worse.

3) Also, I noticed that both mysqld-opt and mysqld-nt are exactly the same size: 2,179,072 bytes. Is this just an incredible coincindence or are they really the same files?

4) And I also didn't get any cnf files. Luckily, I still had the ones from the 4.0.18 laying around and I am using those. I just hope that is not a mistake.

-- Paul Strauss

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Don't Want 4.0.20 Debug
September 01, 2004 03:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.