MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

About setting up a mysql cluster.
Posted by: Yannis Tsakiris
Date: September 03, 2004 02:12AM

Hello everybody,
I need to build a database system which provides high-availability and load balancing to support a demanding application. For this purpose, I oriented in using the MySQL Cluster. At this moment I have achieved (following the instructions in the documentation) to have a single computer running one node of each type. I believe it will be easy from here to move into a two-or-more-node cluster.
Though, I'm stuck with a problem. My application needs a MySQL database server to connect to. Let's assume that I have two API nodes in my cluster. These two API nodes (mysql servers) have different IP addresses. The problem is which IP my application should use to connect to the mysql server?
One solution is two randomly choose one IP address and connect there. But, this does not ensure that the randomly chosen server will be up and running and ready to serve. Does the MySQL Cluster provides any facility about this? (I mean, like IP take-over).
What would you suggest for me to do? As far as I have read in the documentation I could find a native solution by MySQL. Am I missing something?
Your opinion will be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Yannis Tsakiris

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
About setting up a mysql cluster.
September 03, 2004 02:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.