MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Error 1058 after some 1 move the mysql folder
Posted by: Ng Koon Lee
Date: October 27, 2004 12:07AM

Good day!

I need help here. I have install mysql on c drive at server, everythings works fine. but we have stop monitoring it last month cause the website that we want to launch was postponed.

recently we need to do sometesting again and ony realise the database was gone, so we login the server and notice some one has move our mysql directory from c to d drive! the service failed to started. I was very angry that time. i try to point the service to d drive but it failed to start also, and there is no database, so i copy the mysql folder to c drive, after copy, it successfully detach the database and all the table remain there. this is the lucky part.

then again i start the command prompt and stitch back the "my.ini" file back to previous part :

[WinMySQLAdmin]
Server=C:/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe
QueryInterval=10

then i try to start the service again. before that i check with the service setting and yes it all back to c drive. but now it failed to start!
with this error message :

cound not start the mysql service on local computer
error 1058: the service cannot be started, either because it is disable or because it has no enabled devices assiciated with it.

what should I do now ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error 1058 after some 1 move the mysql folder
October 27, 2004 12:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.