MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Starting MySQL as a service Cannot start service on computer
Posted by: Silone Blank
Date: August 28, 2015 02:32PM

I am using MySQL Server 5.7.7. I had a working server before since the application i was using with it allowed a successful connection. After doing a tweak that messed up the application with the server, i tried reinstalling.

When i reinstalled, i got the following:
Attempting to run MySQL Server with --Initialize-insecure
Running process: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file="C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\my.ini" --initialize-insecure=on --console
Waiting for the server stops: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file="C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\my.ini" --initialize-insecure=on --console
2015-08-28T15:09:07.624206Z 0 [Warning] TIMESTAMP with implicit DEFAULT value is deprecated. Please use --explicit_defaults_for_timestamp server option (see documentation for more details).
2015-08-28T15:09:11.441233Z 0 [Warning] InnoDB: New log files created, LSN=45790
2015-08-28T15:09:12.200104Z 0 [Warning] InnoDB: Creating foreign key constraint system tables.
2015-08-28T15:09:12.563414Z 0 [Warning] Failed to setup SSL
2015-08-28T15:09:12.564387Z 0 [Warning] SSL error: SSL context is not usable without certificate and private key
2015-08-28T15:09:13.012437Z 1 [Warning] root@localhost is created with an empty password ! Please consider switching off the --initialize-insecure option.
Finished initialize database
Ended configuration step: Initializing Database [if necessary]

Beginning configuration step: Starting Server
Starting MySQL as a service
Cannot start service PNE Server on computer '.'.
Ended configuration step: Starting Server

I tried reconfiguring since the service did not work.
When i went back, i entered the same password and got the following:

Exception Text
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service {MyServerName} on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)
at WexInstaller.Plugins.Server.MySQLServiceControlManager.Start(String serviceName)
at WexInstaller.Plugins.Server.ServerConfigurationController.StartServer()
at WexInstaller.Plugins.Server.ServerConfigUserPanel.buttonCheck_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

What should i do to fix this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Starting MySQL as a service Cannot start service on computer
August 28, 2015 02:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.